Satochip hardware wallet
The Satochip hardware wallet is based on a smart card. It looks like your bank card but it is a security device that let you safely store your private keys within the tamper-proof secure chip.
Using a chip card reader (available at our shop) or simply with the NFC technology, you will be able to manage your favorite crypto assets.
So far, the Satochip hardware wallet is supported (natively or not) by multiple well known software clients such Electrum, Electrum for Litecoin, Electron Cash, Electron Cash SLP Edition, MetaMask and MyEtherWallet. Thus it’s really easy to use ! The project is open source and community driven. Come on and join us !
More information :
- Cryptocurrency supported :
- Card type : secure chip with a contact interface (need a chip card reader to be used). You can also use your card with the NFC technology.
- Card format : the card respects the ID-1 ISO 7810 format with a 85,60 mm × 53,98 mm dimension.
- Material : the card is composed by several plastic PVC layers. Surface is printing using a dye-sublimation / resin thermal transfer for an optimal printed quality.
- Design : you choose. It’s up to you to create a unique and stylish hardware wallet.
In order to use the Metamask extension with your Satochip hardware wallet you will need :
- A Satochip hardware wallet (and its USB reader (or NFC)).
- The Satochip Bridge : it’s a tiny python client that will allow you to manage your hardware wallet. Furthermore, the bridge will act as an interface between the Satochip card and the Satochip Metamask extension — now called SatoMask.
- The Satochip Metamask aka SatoMask extension : it’s a fork of the official Metamask extension that includes all the necessary Satochip librairies. Run it from the sources, or download it on the Chrome web extension store.
- The Chrome or Brave web browser
Although the Metamask is a web extension, you will not be able to use it under MacOS because of the Satochip Bridge uncompatibility. So far, the Bridge is available on Linux and Windows (10+).
⚠️ Note : please be sure to download the Satochip softwares from the official Satochip repository : https://github.com/Toporin
- Open source javacard applet implementing a Bitcoin hardware wallet with full BIP32 support
- Forked from shadders/BitcoinWalletBitcoin SPV wallet
- Bitcoin client library
- A small java library to interface with the SatoChip hardware wallet
- Java code to talk to YubiKeys (limited support)
- Forked from spesmilo/electrumElectrum-Satochip; Bitcoin thin client for the Satochip Hardware Wallet
UNO CARD SETUP
1x satochip developer card
1x satochip card reader
latest gp.exe is needed to load .cap onto chip
use only this….
Put the .cap file in the same folder as the GlobalPlatformPro file for convenience
Open a command prompt
To list the applets loaded on a smartcard: gp.exe -l
To load the Satochip applet: gp.exe -install .\yourfile.cap
(example……. gp.exe -install .\SatoChip-0.12-05.cap)
To delete the Satochip applet: gp.exe -uninstall .\yourfile.cap
…..now setup a new wallet with hardware device option in ELCslp and assign pin and your away.